In its input to EIOPA consultation on the review of IORPs reporting requirements, PensionsEurope e.g.:
- stresses that PensionsEurope appreciates reliable and good quality pension statistics and finds them important to IORPs, policymakers, and supervisors;
- finds that the review comes very early, as based on the new reporting requirements for IORPs, so far EIOPA has published only five quarterly statistics, one annual statistics, and hardly any public analysis;
- is concerned about the extra burden and costs of new requirements particularly to small and medium sized IORPs;
- recommends that further proportionate measures should be introduced.
The EU Sustainable Finance Strategy was published by the European Commission one year ago on 6 July 2021. It is built on previous initiatives and reports, such as the report of the High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance and the subsequent legislative package in 2018. The Strategy sets out how it will support the EU Green Deal and Europe’s transition to becoming a carbon-neutral continent by 2050.
In our position paper on the EU sustainable finance - one year after, we explain our main positions on relevant topics and initiatives, including:
- Double materiality
- Extended taxonomy
- Social taxonomy
- Non-financial reporting and accounting standards
- Financial literacy
- Systemic risks
- ESG data
Find out more in our press release here.
Newsletter 2022/03 - Topic 7